Happy Book Birthday, From Ant to Eagle!
April 1, 2017 marks the official release of Alex Lyttle’s debut novel, From Ant to Eagle. This middle grade novel is one of the most anticipated books Central Avenue has launched, from glowing blogger reviews, to national bookstore listings to multiple trade reviews. All of it is well-deserved, From Ant to Eagle is an extremely touching story of a boy navigating life as an eleven year-old dealing with the ravages of cancer.
We warn you, you’ll need tissues, but as you cry with Cal, you’ll grow with him too – and that is the gift that Alex presents in this novel, the ability to live Cal’s life in a true and realistic way: through a child’s eye.
We’re very proud of this book and we hope you’ll give it a shot. It’s on sale at a few bookstores for quite cheap right now, so pick it up and share your thoughts on this story with us.
We’ve also got a great giveaway going on (just scroll down) – you can win money, coffee and books. While you can tweet and facebook about the book to get entries, you’ll get the most entries by visiting your favourite bookstore and tweeting a selfie holding the book, (you don’t have to buy it) Bricks and mortar bookstores are havens of tangible imagination, be they indie or chain – please stop by and visit one.
News & Reviews
- Soul of a Crow and An Elegant Theory are 2016 Foreword INDIES Finalists — Foreword Reviews
- From Ant to Eagle: "An honest portrayal of love, loss, and friendship in the face of a life-changing journey." — School Library Journal
- From Ant to Eagle: "A moving and ultimately hopeful book."— Booklist
- An Elegant Theory: "A suspenseful intricate novel with elusive conclusions and a captivating journey." — Books Before Bandaids
- From Ant to Eagle: "Lyttle's voice for Cal is appealingly direct and articulate ... and his account of his struggle to cope will appeal to readers. Tender, direct, and honest." — Kirkus Reviews
- An Elegant Theory: Top Pick for December — Indies Unlimited
- Second Chances: "There’s plenty of what most of us like, love scenes and downright romantic and hot conversations, fun, and thrills." — The Reading Cafe
- Amanda on the Danube: "This book is a shining example of great, well-written, age-appropriate middle-grade books!" — This Kid Reviews Books
- Summer at the Shore Leave Cafe "...a definite must keep reading the rest of the series..." — A Soccer Mom's Book Blog
- "Heartfelt and inspirational, 300 Things I Hope is emotional to browse and makes an excellent giftbook." — Midwest Book Review
Events & Appearances
- Alex Lyttle: Chapters, Chinook Centre, Calgary AB - April 22 - 11am-3pm
- Alex Lyttle: Indigo, CrossIron Mills, Calgary, April 23 - 12pm-3pm
- Alex Lyttle: Chapters, Dalhousie, Calgary AB - April 29 - 10am-2pm
- Noah Milligan: Barnes & Noble Quail Springs Oklahoma City OK - May 6 11am - 2pm
- Alex Lyttle: Chapters, Dalhousie, Calgary AB - June 10 - 10am-2pm
- Alex Lyttle: ALA Annual Conference, Chicago - June 24 - 1pm
- Darlene Foster: Chapters, Granville Street, Vancouver BC, September 30 - 12-3pm
- Darlene Foster: Albany Books, Delta BC, October 1 - 1-3pm
- Molly Ringle, Words, Writers & West Seattle, Barnes & Noble West Seattle, November 3 @ 5pm
CELEBRATE THE RELEASE OF FROM ANT TO EAGLE!